Constructing a lead generation marketing letter can be a difficult venture. You’re not sure how to open the letter. You don’t know how to appeal to the reader in a way that engages them as both a person and a potential customer. You don’t know how long something like a lead generation marketing letter should be.
A serious lead generation marketing campaign is going to demand a well-written, engaging lead generation marketing letter. If you’re stuck on coming up with such a letter, or you just don’t feel confident enough in what you’ve written to send it out into the world, there are a few things you can consider.
Write A Lead Generation Marketing Letter
In a number of ways, writing a lead generation marketing letter isn’t all that different from writing any other kind of letter. However, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind to create a definitive, winning example of such a document:
- Know the market you’re writing to. What do they want more than anything? What are they afraid of?
- Make sure the CTA (call to action) is straightforward and non-aggressive. The CTA can simply offer them the opportunity to click a link, download an eBook, fill out a basic information form, or request a friendly call-back.
- Create a letter that references proven results. Elements of proof you can include in a lead generation marketing letter can include the number of years you’ve been in business, a testimonial, a case study, or even occasions in which you were mentioned or reviewed in the mass media (trade magazines/website are good).
And what are a few things your lead generation marketing letter is going to need?
- A significant promise that is tied in to the reason why the letter is being written.
- A short, attention-grabbing sentence to hook the reader right at the start.
- Sentences that make the reader believe that you know what they want, what they worry about, and what their life is like when defined by those worries/wants.
- A sentence that connects the above sentences to why you’re sending them the letter in the first place. You want them to believe that you know exactly what they’ve been through.
- An example of remarkable success, achieved by someone who answered the letter you’re sending them now.
See how easy it is to write one of these letters? Take a deep breath, and get cracking.
Need help from a marketing consultant with your b2b marketing or lead generation campaigns? The Lead Agency has over 15 years experience in b2b marketing strategies and lead generation campaigns. We know that best results are based on building great marketing conversations. The more you engage and communicate with your customers and prospects, the more likely they will understand, need and value what you offer.